So You Wanna Look Like…Bellatrix and Narcissa!?!?
Photos by, Heidi Hastings
Harry Potter fans gather round, because I am doing MORE Potter makeovers! I got so many emails from fans telling me how much they like the Ginny Weasely shoot that I’ve decided to continue my Harry Potter theme. Today is none other than the Black sisters! For those who don’t know Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy are sisters. I wish they would play up the sister relationship between these two more in the films. I decided to use my sister as Narcissa…after all, what could be more perfect! Bellatrix Lestrange is one scary witch, and Helena Bonham Carter captures her essence perfectly! I didn’t really agree with the look they gave to Narcissa in the movie, so I created my own. I feel like Lucius Malfoy’s narcissistic nature would allow him to marry a female version of himself, so I really played that up. Enjoy, and as the Black sisters would say…CRUCIO!
1) Really Light foundation (any foundation will do, just make sure it’s a lighter shade then you skin tone).
2) No eye shadow
3) Draw a exaggerated wing tip with black liquid mascara.
4) Rim your lower lash line with black eyeshadow.
5) Define your cheekbones with Estee Lauders bronzer
6) Light blush on the apples of your cheeks (I used NARS “Orgasm).
1) Once again really light foundation.
2) Light gray eyeshadow on the lids.
3) Take black eyeshadow and above the crease of your eye- draw another bigger, deeper crease (Bellatrix has deep set eyes so you want to play that up).
4) Lipstick by Revlon in “Grape.”
5) No blush.
6) Tease your hair to the max and put some baby powder in it!