So You Wanna Look Like… Louise Brooks !?!?!
Photos By: Heidi Hastings
I was wondering what I’d do for my next makeover when a friend of mine sent me a message telling me that I should look at Louise Brooks. I’ve heard of her before but didn’t remember exactly what she looked like. When I viewed a few images of her I was hooked! Her sweet face and adorable bob drew me in. This look wasn’t difficult to achieve –
1) Apply light liquid foundation (lighter than your natural skin tone)
2) Apply gray eyeshadow to our eyelid (I used MAC greystone eyeshadow)
3) Black Eyeliner only along the bottom lashline.
4) I applied my usual mascara (Lashblast Covergirl mascara)
5) lipstick – Outline your lip in dark red or black -make sure to outline inside your lip-line to make your lips appear thinner (this was before thick lips were in style 🙂 ) you can wear either a very dark red or black! I am wearing black lipstick that I purchased from Halloween Express.
5) No blush